- Finishing well at Revolution. We are eager to begin working on this new church. However, we are working hard to leave well in Annapolis. The move into the elementary school (logistics & volunteer team expansion) was my last "major" project. There are, however, ongoing loose ends to be tied up. This will continue to be a balancing act, as Revolution deadlines are already beginning to intersect with new "the Church with no name in Baltimore" deadlines. The lack of a name demonstrates one of those deadlines. We love Revolution, and are committed to finishing well.
- Enjoying Baltimore. Rhythm and routine are important to all families - but we feel that's especially true of us. We knew B'more very well before we lived here, but are discovering new things we love about the city every week. This will only further refine the kind of church that is planted here in 2013.
- Being a good neighbor. We are trying to learn the names of the people on our block. We're figuring out who is outgoing and loud. We are learning who doesn't like the "new" side of the neighborhood. While this process can sometimes be daunting, it's also pretty fun.
- Hosting a home group. Each week, there is a group of us gathering to study God's word and live in community with one another. This has been a huge blessing.
- Getting involved in the community. There are a variety of ways to do this. I've coached soccer, Amber is active with the PTO and has applied to substitute teach. We frequent some restaurants and coffee shops, trying to figure out how others who live here perceive the community.
- Talking about Baltimore City & the new church with whoever will listen. In the past month, we've been able to connect with big & small crowds in a variety of places from the Northeast to the mid-west. Some times, it's yielded the sounds of crickets. Other times, it's yielded prayer. It's even brought us a few potential team members.
- Hating the Steelers. It's Steelers week, you know. I always, and still do, loathe the black and gold, despite the respect I have for the organization. 2 of the next 3 Ravens games are against the Steelers. The Ravens D isn't what it was, and Flacco is inconsistent on the road. The next three weeks are for the division. GO RAVENS.
- Getting away. As this year comes to a close, I realize that I have run at a blistering pace. While I traveled much, I rarely took time off. I've been trying to remedy that a bit before we are in full-on prelaunch mode. We'll get away this weekend to celebrate Amber's birthday, and will spend some time with family over the next few weeks.
Tuesday, November 13, 2012
Here's an update on what our life looks like these days...